Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- “This is Farrah Fawcett”at 8:00 p.m. on ABC. A tribute for the upcoming 10th anniversary of her death. Farrah lost her battle with cancer on June 25, 2009, which was the same day Michael Jackson died.
- The fifth annualtwo-hour “Red Nose Day”special at 8:00 p.m. on NBC.
- “Hollywood Game Night: Red Nose Day”at 10:00 p.m. on NBC. Kelly Clarkson, Kenan Thompson, Kristen Bell, and Jennifer Garner are among the celebrities competing for charity on this Red Nose Day special.
- The seventh season premiere of “Elementary”at 10:00 p.m. on CBS.
- “Watch What Happens Live”at 11:00 p.m. on Bravo. Billie Lourd and Allison Williams.
- The third season premiere of the Netflixhorror series “Slasher”.
Thursday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- Harrison Ford, Richard Madden, and Bazzi.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Jason Sudeikis, and Ben Platt.
- “Stephen Colbert”- Conan O’Brien, and Jim Sciutto.
- “James Corden”- Lucy Liu, and James Marsden.
- “Seth Meyers”- Olivia Wilde, Christopher Abbott, and Janine Brito.
- “Trevor Noah”- Wyatt Cenac.
- “Carson Daly”- Alyson Hannigan, Joji, Deafheaven, and Nico Santos.
- “Conan”- Jason Mantzoukas, and Nish Kumar.
As for Daytime Talk Shows:
. . . Kunal Nayyar is on “Ellen”,
. . . William Shatner is on “The Talk”,
. . . Allison Williams is on “The View”,
. . . Jamie Foxx is on “Kelly and Ryan”.