Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– The top theory for why Leonardo da Vinci didn’t finish the Mona Lisa is because he fainted and hurt his arm.
– “Saved by the Bell: The New Class” lasted longer than the original “Saved by the Bell”. It had 143 episodes . . . the original show had 126.
– Joseph Stalin’s real last name was Dzhugashvili. (Zhoo-gush-vee-lee) He changed it to “Stalin” as he was rising to power . . . it means “man of steel.”
-Frank Sinatra had a fatal heart attack on May 14th, 1998 . . . right as the “Seinfeld” finale was on. Since so many people were inside watching, the traffic in Los Angeles was light and he was able to get to the hospital faster than usual. Not that it helped.
– Pumpernickel literally translates to “devil’s flatulence” in old German. It got its name because people found it hard to digest.
Strange and trending news:
– A new survey found the people who are most “romantically off limits.” The top five are: A friend’s partner . . . someone in a relationship . . . a friend’s ex . . . one of your parents’ friends . . . and your boss. (Full Story)
– Gallup released the results from its annual morality poll. 79% of us now think drinking alcohol is morally acceptable . . . 77% say divorce is . . . and 68% say gambling is okay. (Full Story)
– A woman in Illinois recently ordered a kids’ t-shirt from China with the characters from the book “Frog and Toad” on it. And when it came, the shop had added the phrase “[EFF] THE POLICE” to the shirt. The woman posted a picture online and now it’s going viral. (Full Story)
– Mountain Dew just rolled out a new flavor called Liberty Brew . . . which honors the 50 states of America by combining 50 FLAVORS into one. It’s not clear what those flavors are, but the reviews say it tastes like a lot of fruits mixed together . . . and the drink turned out a bright blue color. (Full Story)
– There’s a picture going viral on Twitter right now from someone who made a Philly cheesesteak cheesecake. It’s a cheesecake with beef, peppers, onions, and what appears to be provolone cheese on top. (Full Story)
— Kari Steele (@KariVanHorn) May 30, 2019
– Ben and Jerry’s just announced they’re planning to make ice cream that’s infused with CBD . . . once it’s fully legalized as an ingredient for foods and beverages. (Full Story)
– Burger King just released a new line of breakfast sandwiches that use FRENCH TOAST as the bun. And in between, there’s egg, cheese, and sausage, bacon, or ham. They’re on sale right now for a limited time. (Full Story)
y’all got some crazy cravings… here’s our move: the new French Toast Sandwich. pic.twitter.com/XYXTFOMQdb
— Burger King (@BurgerKing) May 30, 2019
– A new study found the best cities for people who LOVE Starbucks. It’s based on the number of Starbucks per capita, and the top three are: Las Vegas . . . Burbank, California . . . and Bellevue, Washington. (Full Story)
– There was a police car auction yesterday in Pennsylvania . . . and during a car inspection, they found a MAN inside the trunk of a car. And it turned out he was a wanted felon in New York, so he was arrested. It’s not clear how he wound up in the trunk. (Full Story)
– A woman in North Carolina hid in her trunk in 90-degree heat last Tuesday after she was caught shoplifting from Walmart. And when cops found her, she was covered in Mountain Dew that she’d poured on herself to keep cool. (Full Story)
– A high school teacher and guidance counselor in Indianapolis surprised their friends on Wednesday, by getting married at half court in the school gymnasium. (Full Story)
— LT Schools (@ltgoodnews) May 29, 2019