Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– More than three million Americans over age 60 are still paying their student loans off. That’s a total of more than $86 billion in unpaid student loans.
– The world’s first breast implants were given to a DOG named Esmeralda in Texas in 1962 . . . as a test to see if they’d work. They did, so doctors started giving them to people.
– Only 23 people have ever gone scuba diving below 790 feet.
– George Lucas didn’t win any Oscars for “Star Wars” . . . but his ex-wife did. Marcia Lucas won the Oscar for Best Film Editing for “Star Wars” in 1978. She and George got divorced in 1983.
– The phrase “When it rains, it pours” comes from a Morton Salt ad from the 1910s.
Strange and trending news:
– You shouldn’t listen to heavy metal or classical music when you drive, according to a new study . . . because your reaction times will be slower. The genres of music that have the fewest negative effects on a person’s driving are pop and hip-hop. (Full Story)
– What’s the #1 thing you have to do each morning to get your day off to a good start? A new survey found the top five are drinking coffee, getting enough sleep, taking a shower, listening to music, and eating a light breakfast. (Full Story)
– Here are the top reasons we bail on plans, according to a new survey: Bad weather . . . feeling sick . . . too tired . . . and just didn’t feel like going. (Full Story)
– A high school principal in West Virginia was just busted for plagiarizing the speech he gave at graduation from . . . Ashton Kutcher. One of the students realized the principal’s speech sounded just like Ashton’s and spliced together a video of both speeches. (Full Story)
– A company in Sweden just came up with a competitor for e-scooters: POGO STICKS. Yes, you’ll grab a pogo stick off the street, unlock it with an app, and bounce to wherever you’re going. The company is going to start testing them now . . . and the first American city to get them will be San Francisco. (Full Story)
– If you didn’t know, Costco sells diamond rings . . . and some of them cost over six figures. But earlier this year, someone actually bought their MOST expensive ring . . . a 10-carat diamond engagement ring that costs $420,000. (Full Story)
– A Twitter user is going viral because he figured out that the little sunglasses holder that pops down from the roof of your car is actually the perfect size and shape to hold a crunchy taco. (Full Story)
just found out my car has a taco holder pic.twitter.com/u77YeqUgzK
— ʝ. (@Iazyboy) May 28, 2019
– (Adult Content!) According to a new study, the average woman will hit her climax after 13 minutes and 25 seconds of sex. But . . . the average man hits his around six minutes. (Full Story)
– A couple in Florida were arrested last week after they left their pet PIG trapped inside a hot car for over an hour. The cops wound up breaking the car’s window to rescue the pig. (Full Story)
– A principal from a Catholic high school in Louisiana was arrested during a class field trip to Washington D.C. last week . . . when he got drunk at a strip club and refused to pay his bill. He resigned as principal almost immediately. (Full Story)
– A couple in Iowa got busted having sex on a bike trail on Friday . . . and they left their young kids home alone to do it. They were both arrested for child endangerment and public intoxication. (Full Story)
– An inmate at a county jail in Minnesota tried to jump off a ledge into the common area last Wednesday. But three other inmates caught him in a laundry cart and may have saved his life. (Full Story)