Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– The U.S. has more millionaires than Sweden has people. There are more than 10.2 million American households that now have a net worth over $1 million, versus just under 10 million people in Sweden.
– The Hoover Dam is made of 4.36 million cubic yards of concrete. That’s enough to make a highway from San Francisco to New York.
– Cans of Diet Coke float in water . . . but cans of Coke sink. It’s because the sugar in Coke weighs 39 grams and the sweetener in Diet Coke is 125 milligrams . . . that makes Coke denser, so it sinks.
– The college with the most national football championships is . . . Princeton, with 28. They were winning most of them in the late 1800s, long before most other schools were competing.
– The first “Star Wars” product ever produced was the novelized version of the movie. That book came out in 1976, six months before the movie was in theaters.
Strange and trending news:
– One out of THREE adults say they still sleep with a “comfort object” from their childhood, according to a new survey. That includes things like stuffed animals, a blanket, or a special pillow. (Full Story)
– Is it okay to register for housewarming gifts, like you would for a wedding? 33% of people say yes, it’s okay. 41% say no, and 26% aren’t sure. (Full Story)
– The next big trend in clothing could be . . . stuff you almost never have to WASH. Companies have started using new fibers and treatments to make clothes that won’t STINK even after you wear them for weeks or months . . . which is good for lazy people, and good for the environment. (Full Story)
– A new study found people really do have a “type” they look for when they’re dating . . . and, basically, they always gravitate toward people with the same personality traits. (Full Story)
– According to a new survey of office workers, the average person has gained 12 POUNDS since they started their job . . . and more than 90% say their job gets some or all of the blame. (Full Story)
– Forget pineapple on pizza . . . a Mexican fast food chain in Australia just launched a burrito with PINEAPPLE as one of the ingredients inside. (Full Story)
Pineapple Burritos Are Now A Thing At Mad Mex And They're Actually Delicious AF https://t.co/DtnVgcEkVV
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) June 11, 2019
– An ice cream shop in New York just launched a new flavor this week . . . BUFFALO WING. It’s made with Frank’s RedHot Sauce and, apparently, you can really taste that flavor. (Full Story)
I guess this is a more of a new flavor warning than a new flavor alert.We are known for outrageous flavors and pushing…
– Being pregnant is so tough on a woman’s body it’s like running a daily marathon, according to a new study. Your body is working so hard and needs so many calories it’s like you’re an endurance athlete. (Full Story)
– Some guys in Florida tried to break into a spy shop on Sunday. But they couldn’t break the glass window . . . even when they hit it with a hammer 56 times. Plus, the shop had LOTS of surveillance cameras rolling, one of which caught the guys’ license plate. The cops are tracking down the burglars. (Full Story)
– Cops in Florida went to a McDonald’s after they got reports of a NAKED GUY outside doing a strange dance . . . and trying to have sex with a railing. He was arrested for trespassing. (Full Story)
– A few years ago, a four-year-old in Cleveland used all the money in her piggy bank to buy 13 teddy bears for sick kids. Now she’s seven, and she’s bought another 400 since then. So GoFundMe.com just named her their “Kid Hero” for June. And her fundraising page has now raised over 18 grand. (Full Story)