Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Mick Jagger has a great-grandchild who’s older than his youngest child. His great-grandchild was born in 2014 . . . his youngest child was born in 2016.
– Kermit the Frog is left-handed. Jim Henson was left-handed . . . he wore Kermit on his right hand and used his left to manipulate his hands.
– Only two American cities were founded by the federal government: Washington D.C. and Perrysburg, Ohio.
– You don’t “hone in on” something. You “home in on” something. You can hone your skill, because “hone” means to sharpen. But you home in on things, because home means to target accurately.
– Mel Gibson auditioned to play Oskar Schindler in “Schindler’s List”.
Strange and trending news:
– Arby’s just created a MEAT CARROT . . . it’s made out of turkey breast that’s covered in dehydrated orange carrot juice. There’s no word on when they might start selling these in their stores. (Full Story)
– About one in three people say they’ve heard their neighbors having loud sex, according to a new survey. And 20% say they’ve caught their neighbors spying on them or someone else. (Full Story)
– Only 9% of people say social media has made a positive impact on how people interact with each other, according to a new survey. 63% say it’s made it worse. (Full Story)
– About 100 people in Denver took a detour around an accident on Sunday when Google Maps suggested it. And . . . it turned out it was a dirt road, and almost 100 people wound up getting stuck in a muddy field. (Full Story)
– A courthouse in Connecticut was shut down yesterday over a suspicious powder. And it turned out to be . . . non-dairy creamer. (Full Story)
– Stella Artois just introduced their own competitor to the red Solo cup . . . a red CHALICE. It’s a red plastic goblet with a stem and everything. You can buy them on Stella Artois’s website . . . it’s $10 for a six pack. (Full Story)
– There’s a new product coming out that’s going to help teach kids walk by using their addiction to the “Baby Shark” song. It’s a walker for kids 12 months and older . . . and it only plays “Baby Shark” when they push it. It’s going to sell for $40 when it debuts in October. (Full Story)
– The average parent who takes a road trip with their kids this summer will hear the phrase “are we there yet” 16 times . . . “how much longer” 18 times . . . “I’m tired” 17 times . . . play 16 ‘car games’ . . . and stop for 11 bathroom breaks. (Full Story)
– A new survey for National Bingo Day found the states that love Bingo the most are Nevada, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana. (Full Story)
– A woman in Florida busted into her ex-girlfriend’s house earlier this month and hit her with a LAVA LAMP. She was arrested for felony burglary with aggravated battery or assault. (Full Story)
– There’s a guy in Indiana who shot himself in the JUNK back in February, and he was arrested for carrying an unlicensed handgun. And since then, he’s been arrested FOUR more times, for things like meth possession and domestic battery. (Full Story)
– A guy in India stole a cow earlier this month . . . but the cow fought back and kicked him right in the GROIN. And it was such a hard shot that it KILLED the guy on the spot. (Full Story)
– A woman near Atlanta recently shamed a McDonald’s employee for napping on a bench seat at work. Then the Internet found out he’s homeless . . . has a baby . . . and was sleeping between shifts while working a double. So, someone put him up in a hotel. Now he’s getting better job offers, and says it’s changed his life. (Full Story)