Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- “Preseason Football”at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN. The Arizona Cardinals host the Oakland Raiders.
- The series premiereof “Why Women Kill”on CBS All Access. It’s a dark comedy from “Desperate Housewives” creator Marc Cherry about women from different decades reacting to marital betrayal. Ginnifer Goodwin plays a 1960s housewife, Lucy Liu is a socialite in the ’80s, and Kirby Howell-Baptiste is a modern lawyer.
- The first season finale of “Family Food Fight”at 9:00 p.m. on ABC.
- The series finale of “Elementary”at 10:00 p.m. on CBS.
Tonight’s schedule also includes “The Outpost” at 8:00 p.m. . . . “Two Sentence Horror Stories” at 9:00 . . . and “Reef Break” and “Baskets” at 10:00 p.m.
Thursday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- John Travolta, Marlon Wayans, Mary Beth Keane, and Caroline Jones.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Gerard Butler, David Alan Grier, and the Avett Brothers.
- “Stephen Colbert”- Kirsten Dunst, Adam Devine, and Lee Pace.
- “James Corden”- Michael Douglas, Will Forte, and Nicole Byer.
- “Seth Meyers”- Jake Tapper, MJ Rodriguez, and Nate Smith.
- “Trevor Noah”- Mark Sanford.
- “Carson Daly”- Natalie Morales, HÆLOS, and Grace Van Dien. (Repeat)
- “Conan”- Orlando Bloom, and Cara Delevingne. (Repeat)
- “David Spade”- Todd Glass, Robin Thede, and Josh Wolf.