Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- Friday on Disney Plus: Chapter 12 of “The Mandalorian”.
- Friday on Amazon: The series premiere of “Small Axe”, five movies about people overcoming racism in London between the 1960s and ’80s. It’s directed by Steve McQueen, the guy who did “12 Years a Slave”. The casts include “Black Panther’s”Letitia Wright and “Star Wars”actor John Boyega. (Trailer)
- Friday on Hulu: The series premiere of the new version of “Animaniacs”.
- Friday on Hulu: “Run”, a thriller starring Sarah Paulson as a woman whose wheelchair-bound daughter suddenly realizes how disturbed she really is. (Trailer)
- Friday on Amazon: The series premiere of “The Pack”, sort of a canine version of “The Amazing Race”, where dog owners travel the world with their dog as their “partner.” It’s hosted by Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn, and her dog Lucy. (Trailer)
- Friday on Disney Plus: The series premiere of “Marvel’s 616”, an eight episode anthology that takes you behind the scenes with the artists, storytelling, and fans of the Marvel Universe. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: The series premiere of “Voices of Fire”, which is sort of like “Sister Act”meets “The Voice”. . . with Pharrell helping his uncle, Bishop Ezekiel Williams, try to put together the world’s best gospel choir. (Trailer)
Late Night Guests:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Leslie Mann, Colin Quinn, and SAINt JHN.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Dr. Phil, John King, and Maren Morris. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert”– Michael Moore and Sara Bareilles. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”– Vin Diesel and Jack Peñate. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”– John Legend and Sarah Cooper. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh”– Dr. Phil. (Repeat)
- Saturday at 8:00 p.m. on Hallmark: “A Nashville Christmas Carol”, a country version starring Jessy Schram . . . with Kix Brooks as the Spirit of Christmas Past, and Brad Paisley’s wife Kimberly Williams as the Spirit of Christmas Present. The rest of the cast includes Wynonna Judd, Raelynn, and Sara Evans. (Trailer)
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on NBC: “Sunday Night Football”. The Las Vegas Raiders host the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC: Taraji P. Henson hosts “The American Music Awards”. The performersinclude The Weeknd, Bebe Rexha, Machine Gun Kelly, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, and Nelly with Bell Biv DeVoe. (Nominees)
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on Showtime: The documentary special “Belushi”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on CNN: The final episode of “First Ladies”. The series wraps up with an episode about Hillary Clinton.