Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Greenland is icier than Iceland.
– The woman who invented the chocolate chip cookie was Ruth Wakefield . . . she sold the recipe to Nestle in the 1930s in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
– Cameron Diaz and Snoop Dogg went to the same school in Long Beach, California . . . and she says she’s pretty sure she bought weed from him.
– You’re about 2,200 times more likely to die in a car accident than you are in a plane crash. So, in other words, it’s WAY more dangerous to drive to the airport than to get on a flight.
– Biscotti comes from the Latin words “bis” and “coctum,” which means “baked twice.”
Strange and trending news:
– Here are all 50 states ranked from the safest place for Thanksgiving to least safe based on coronavirus numbers, DUIs, and crime rate. (Full Story)
– Kellogg’s is selling Froot Loops candy canes for the first time this holiday season. (Full Story)
– Police in South Carolina caught a guy who committed 21 armed robberies in just one month. (Full Story)
– A mom is demanding that a babysitter pay $300 in “emotional support” compensation for feeing McNuggets to her vegan kids. (Full Story)
– A gym teacher in the U.K. has been fired after she got drunk before chaperoning the school’s senior prom and flashed some of the students. (Full Story)
– A high school football coach in Maryland had a heart attack during a game. His team lost 53 to zero . . . but hey, at least he survived. (Full Story)
– The FBI is investigating a, quote, “orgasm cult” out of California. It focuses on a practice called “orgasmic meditation” . . . but there are all sorts of inappropriate sexual allegations surrounding it. (Full Story)
– A guy in Florida who poked a manatee using a fishing rod is now facing charges since it’s a federal crime to harass manatees. (Full Story)
– There’s a rescue dog in Florida who now has a $10,000 wardrobe and never wears the same thing twice. (Full Story)
– A dachshund in Colorado saved a half-chihuahua, half-dachshund who was being attacked by a mountain lion. (Full Story)
– The mayor of a city in Belgium has apologized after the town’s Christmas lights came out looking very phallic. (Full Story)
– Here are some wildlife photos that just won an animal photography contest. (Full Story)
– A ski school in Switzerland is hiring a “ski slope tester.” But basically, it’s just one free ski pass for a day. (Full Story)