Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Apples are not “true to seed,” meaning the seeds from any particular variety apple will not necessarily grow to be the same variety. So, if you planted seeds of a Red Delicious, there’s a good chance you aren’t going to get Red Delicious.
- Kissing someone on the cheek makes you less likely to get sick than shaking their hand.
- Jon Bon Jovi’s first professional recording job was singing the lead vocals on a song called “R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas” on a “Star Wars” Christmas album in 1980.
- In Maryland, adultery is a misdemeanor punishable by a $10 fine.
- London has more Indian restaurants than any city in India . . . and even more than in Mumbai and Delhi combined.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Thrift Shop Day. (Full Story) (And to celebrate, everything with an orange tag is half-off!)
- Moms with young kids increased their booze consumption by nearly 325% between March and December of last year. What was going on then? (Full Story)
- Since the pandemic, more people are smoking pot while exercising. (Full Story)
- A 29-year-old Tennessee man was charged with trespassing after he rode on a school bus and walked into a high school with students. The bus driver thought he was a student because he had “papers and a binder.” (Full Story)
- A man in South Korea bought a used kimchi fridge online . . . and discovered $130,000 in cash taped to the bottom. Local police are investigating. (Full Story)
- Nearly FOUR in 10 Americans say social media has influenced them to try a new skincare product. (Full Story)
- Exciting News: The finalists were announced in the search for America’s Best Restroom. (Full Story)
- A new study says that the MOST educated people are the most vaccine-hesitant. But those who didn’t go to college are also hesitant. (Full Story)