Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- According to canine psychologists, the SMARTEST dog breed is the Border Collie. Poodles are next, followed by German shepherds . . . golden retrievers . . . and Doberman pinschers.
- There’s a tradition in Akita, Japan called Namahage where grown men dress up like demons to scare children into BEHAVING. They go from house to house yelling stuff like “Are there any crybabies at home?” or “Are naughty kids around?”
- The fake money they used in “Rush Hour 2” looked so real that some extras tried to spend it . . . and the Secret Service wound up raiding the prop company that made it, seizing the money, and accusing the company of counterfeiting.
- The highest-grossing actor of all time is Stan Lee . . . thanks to his cameos in pretty much every Marvel movie.
- Peter Billingsley . . . a.k.a. Ralphie from “A Christmas Story”. . . was an executive producer on “Iron Man”.
- Strange and trending news:
Well, this isn’t a good sign: 2022 is already a dumpster fire in Austin, Texas. Literally. The Austin Fire Department responded to 18 calls involving dumpster fires in just the first TWO HOURS of 2022. (Full Story)
- Despite the pandemic, the world’s population became roughly 7.8 billion people on New Year’s Day. That represents an increase of 74 million people or a 0.9% growth rate from New Year’s Day 2021. Now, 4.3 births and 2 deaths are expected worldwide every second. (Full Story)
- Seven in 10 Americans are optimistic about 2022. Which is good, because HALF of the people surveyed said 2021 was the worst year of their lives. (Full Story)
- Montreal announced a COVID-19 curfew, and accidentally banned dog-walking after 10:00 P.M. But they’re changing the wording to allow it again. (Full Story)
- According to a new survey, the hardest thing to train a dog to do is: Walking with a lead, without pulling. Toilet training is second. (Full Story)
- The DEA has an “emoji drug code” guide to help provide “a better sense of how emojis can be used in conjunction with illegal drug activity.” (Full Story)
- McDonald’s has launched a new Beef Stew Pie in Japan. (Full Story)
- A squirrel terrorized people in a Welsh town over the holiday . . . and it was so bad that it had to be put down. In 48 hours, the squirrel attacked 18 people. (Full Story)