Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Young babies don’t develop the reflex to breathe through their mouths until they are three or four months old.
- There are six countries besides America that use the U.S. dollar as their ONLY form of currency: British Virgin Islands . . . Caribbean Netherlands . . . Marshall Islands . . . Micronesia . . . Palau . . . and Turks and Caicos.
- Back in 1975, the Washington Redskins tried to get Andre the Giant to tryout to be a defensive lineman . . . but he turned them down.
- In China, Spain, and Greece, people mix wine with Coca-Cola.
- Baby elephants suck their trunks for comfort the same way human babies suck their thumbs.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Hip-Hop Day.
- A woman in California was arrested after being caught spiking her husband’s lemonade . . . with DRANO. The husband was suspicious after getting sick on several occasions, so he set up the nanny cam that caught her. (Full Story)
- A massive brawl broke out at a funeral in California last weekend. And at one point, the casket got knocked over. The body didn’t fall out. (Full Story)
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are back, whether you like it or not. (Full Story)
- If you’re not really enjoying a book, do you generally give up on it . . . or push through and finish it? In a new poll, 41% give up . . . 42% finish it . . . and 12% say they don’t read books. (Full Story)
- A new study found that replacing salt with pretty much ANY other seasoning lowers the risk of premature death from heart disease by more than 10%. (Full Story)
- Google is going after Apple for making texting annoying for non-iPhone users, including blurry videos and problems with group chats. (Full Story)
- A lawyer in the Las Vegas area put up tongue-in-cheek billboards that say: “Injured while searching for dead bodies at Lake Mead? Demand Compensation!” (Full Story)